Knox is 3 weeks old today and I FINALLY was able to catch a smile on camera! I love my sweet boy's smile! Kinda makes you wonder what a 3 week old could possibly smile about?
Yesterday was Knox's first doctor's appointment. We saw Dr. Hamm at Vestavia Pediatrics for his first wellness exam. I was a little nervous to see how much weight he had gained. Since I am breastfeeding and he hasn't been weighed since we left the hospital, I was anxious to see just how much he had grown.
He weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and was 21.75 inches long. Long and lean. Not sure who he got that from? Dr. Hamm said he looked wonderful. His next visit will be at 8 weeks for the dreaded immunizations.
| Getting weighed |
| Head circumference |
| Then, the foot prick :( |
| Dr. Hamm checking him out. I don't even know why he was crying. He didn't do anything but a quick physical exam. |
| Ready to go home. |
At 3 weeks:
As I stated earlier, he weighs 8 lbs 7 oz and is 21.75 inches long.
He is still wearing newborn diapers and mostly newborn clothes although the other day I had to put a 0-3 month size on him because the footed outfits are too short when he stretches out. The 0-3 month swallowed his body, but at least he was more comfortable length wise.
He is still eating about every 4 hours and wakes up 1-2 times a night to eat depending on what time his last feeding was in the evening.
His baby acne is much better and slowly disappearing. I changed to Cetaphil to wash his face. I don't know if it actually made a difference or if it's just going away on its own, but his face definitely looks much better.
His hair looks like its getting lighter.
We still don't know about his eye color.
Not that I have anything to compare to, but he is such a good baby so far. He eats good. He sleeps good. He isn't colic. We have been spoiled. Our next child will probably be a terror.
As for me, I am doing great and enjoying my sweet boy as much as I can before I have to go back to work in June. That seems so far away, but the time is going by quickly. I can't believe Knox is 3 weeks old already!
Luckily, I didn't really have any postpartum emotional issues with this pregnancy. However, on the way home from the hospital and the first few days we were home, I would just look at Knox and start crying. I justfelt feel so unworthy of being blessed with such a little miracle. He is perfect to me and I truly cannot believe God has allowed me to be his mother. My parents came and stayed for a few days when we got home and I also cried when they left. I couldn't have done it without my mom here to help me. She did our laundry and fixed our meals. She taught me how to bathe Knox and helped me breastfeed. She encouraged me every step. So yep I cried like a baby (no pun intended) when they were gone.
As for my weight, I roughly gained somewhere around 40-45 lbs. The first 30 lbs came off quickly. I had so much fluid to lose. Now, I am stuck with the last 15 lbs. I know it has only been 3 weeks so hopefully when I start exercising again, I will lose it. However, I've decided I'm okay with this size. I tried to put on my pre-pregnancy pants and honestly don't know how I was that small? Of course, before I got pregnant I didn't think I was skinny. How perspective changes... I'm not sure I will ever fit in those pants again, but I'm okay with that. I just need to be healthy for my little guy!
And just because... I can't get enough of him.
Luckily, I didn't really have any postpartum emotional issues with this pregnancy. However, on the way home from the hospital and the first few days we were home, I would just look at Knox and start crying. I just
As for my weight, I roughly gained somewhere around 40-45 lbs. The first 30 lbs came off quickly. I had so much fluid to lose. Now, I am stuck with the last 15 lbs. I know it has only been 3 weeks so hopefully when I start exercising again, I will lose it. However, I've decided I'm okay with this size. I tried to put on my pre-pregnancy pants and honestly don't know how I was that small? Of course, before I got pregnant I didn't think I was skinny. How perspective changes... I'm not sure I will ever fit in those pants again, but I'm okay with that. I just need to be healthy for my little guy!
And just because... I can't get enough of him.
| Going to church |
| Family trip to Home Depot |
| Both of my babies This is the closest Lulu has gotten to Knox so far. She really just ignores him. |
| My little angel |
| Tummy time turned nap time |

No comments:
Post a Comment