ADRIANNE & ADAM HARRIS


Saturday, February 22, 2014

Almost 4 Months Since the Last Update?

I really can't believe it has been almost 4 months since I've last updated. The holiday season always gets me! It really makes me particularly sad that I didn't keep up this year because I wanted to do a really good job with keeping up with my pregnancy so I could remember every detail. No use in fretting over it now. It's too late so I'll just start with the update and save the pregnancy updates for posts of their own HERE.

Since my last post....

In November....
I was an honorary bridesmaid in a wedding for one of my good friends Rainey. She was a Phi Mu with me at Auburn and we were in the same major and graduated together. We hit it off sometime between our Freshman and Sophomore year and have been close friends since. 
 

ADAM TURNED 30 YEARS OLD! Sadly, he didn't have a big birthday party like I wanted. His birthday falls around the start of hunting season which is of utmost importance and Thanksgiving so trying to plan it around all that was practically impossible. So, he just quietly turned 30 this year, but there's always 40!

In December....
Our schedule was filled with our usual busyness and traveling to Florida to spend Christmas with my family. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures. I actually took a lot of pictures because Adam bought me an awesome new lens for my camera for Christmas, but because our internet is SO SLOOOOW, I have to pick and choose which ones are lucky enough to make it to the blog.
My Mom with my nephew Jeff
My nephew Mark
Mark with my cousin's son Draken
Jeff :)
My Dad is not pictured because he was in Gainesville staying with my uncle who just had the kidney transplant and Nick and Abigail didn't make the trip all the way to PCB with their newborn.


We were also blessed with 2 more nephews in the month of December making a grand total of 12 nephews between the both of us and zero nieces! Adam's sister and her husband, Jenny and Josh, had their baby. His name is Creed. And my brother and his wife, Nick and Abigail, had their baby. His name is Beau!  He weighed a whopping 9 lbs, 10 oz and was 22 inches long!
Jenny and Creed
Creed
Nick, Abigail, and Beau
Also in the miracle department, the same day Beau was born, my uncle was getting a kidney transplant in Gainesville, FL. My uncle was put on the transplant list only about a year or so ago. We couldn't believe it when he got the call. Most people wait years for a transplant. What are the odds of his transplant and my nephew being born on the same day?! It definitely made for a stressful (but in a good way) day! So far, the kidney, Beau, and Creed are doing great! Three wonderful miracles! Go God! 

In January...
We had 2 baby showers, went to a birthing class, and took maternity pictures. (see Pregnancy update)  Probably the most exciting thing that happened in January was the big snow day(s) we had. The weather forecasters may or may not have been off a little with their predictions. They expected heavy snow only it was to be south of us. Instead, mother nature had plans of her own and it ended up heading exactly north of where it was supposed to go. Needless to say, parts of Alabama were in a state of shock as snow began to fall and the roads began to quickly ice over. Cars were stuck on roads/interstates, parents couldn't get to their children at school, people had to leave their vehicles stranded to get home or go in convenience stores, gas stations, and hotels just to stay warm. Adam actually had to come pick me up from work. The snow and icy roads turned a 20 minute commute to work into over an hour. It will probably be years before we see anything like that again. We love the snow in the south because it's such a rarity. However, we weren't ready for all that, but it sure was beautiful once we were at home and off the roads to enjoy it.
This is what Highway 280 in Birmingham, AL looked like not long after the snow started falling.
Adam couldn't wait to get out in the snow.
He scraped the snow out of our driveway and road.
Our front yard



And in February....
We had one more baby shower. (see Baby Showers) Over the last 2-3 weeks, Adam has been working day and night on trying to finish the living quarters of our barn before Knox gets here. I can't wait to see the finished product. He has done such a good job on it. I am still working and trying to get things ready at home for Knox. I guess I'm nesting a little. Other than that, we are just playing the waiting game with Knox. We can't wait for our Baby boy to get here! A little over 3 weeks to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment