ADRIANNE & ADAM HARRIS


Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Turtle. Weeks 18-20


Confirmation photo.
Since my last post, we went back for another ultrasound at 19 weeks and confirmed there was indeed still a "turtle." So, HE is definitely still Knox. We got great reports on Knox. My doctor said he was measuring a tiny bit bigger than his gestational age. He was 19w3d(I think) and I was 18w6d. I was happy to hear that since I had been so worried about him growing like he should. She also said that although ultrasounds cannot pick up all birth defects, he looks perfect right now. What a blessing to hear those words! Please pray Knox continues to grow and be healthy! She said the next appointment would be quick and they would begin measuring my belly.   

Here's a few more pics...just because I love seeing him.
My OB said he had long legs. We're not sure where he got that from?
Look at those sweet toes!!! :)
After our appointment, we went over to Babies "R" Us so we could pick out Knox's furniture. I already had in mind what I wanted, just waiting on the confirmation of boy or girl. I knew I wanted a convertible crib, dresser, and chest. Since it's a boy, I wanted what would eventually be the headboard of his bed to be something "boyish."  This is what we picked out. It's pretty simple. Here's to hoping it actually makes it to his teen years without being destroyed.



Everyone keeps asking me about the nursery. Well, we haven't gotten there yet. There are so many themes and ideas none of which have just blown me away yet, but I'll keep you updated on that.

I forgot to add these pics with the post about the gender appointment so I'll just stick them here. We decided not to do any kind of gender reveal party. I was just too tired to plan something and its just as much of a surprise telling them on the phone or in person as it is cutting a colored cake. Anyway, we FaceTimed my parents right when we got in the car after the appointment. I sent them a picture from the appointment and tried to make them guess first, but of course they couldn't tell anything about it so we had to tell them. Naturally, it was shock. Another boy.... surprise!
Studying the picture.....
It's a boy!
When we got home, we couldn't wait to tell Adam's family. It just so happened to be his mom's birthday 2 days before our appointment so I made her a fall wreath and gave her a card from the baby.


At 20 weeks:
  • I'm halfway there! Wow. It actually does go by pretty fast!
  • I have finally started feeling Knox move. I was getting worried about not feeling him before we went to our 19 week appointment, but the night before he finally made his presence known. He was comforting his anxious mother! Ever since that night, I feel him move all the time! I love knowing he's okay. Adam has tried to feel it, but hasn't yet, although he has seen him bump around. One of the first days he started moving, we sat and watched my belly for about 15 minutes! It's amazing. I can't wait for Adam being able to feel him.
  • My cravings consist of EVERYTHING. I can't eat enough these days! But trying to stay in control. :)
  • I feel good. I almost feel like I'm not pregnant besides the little human moving around and my ever growing tummy.
  • I've gained somewhere between 10-15 lbs. I asked at my appointment, but already forgot.
  • His heart rate was 132 bpm at the 19 week appointment.
  • I'm looking forward to picking up his furniture and setting up the nursery once I decide how to decorate.
  • Thankfully and surprisingly, my reflux is better. Recently, I haven't really had an spells with it.
A couple of side stories and pictures.
Last weekend, we went to a baby shower for some friends of ours from Auburn, Nelson and Abby. We always love catching up with our college/Auburn friends any chance we get, but this gathering was extra fun. While we were in college, we attended wedding showers and weddings for each other and now we have moved on to the next chapter in life...babies! What made this one so special was that so many of us are pregnant at the same time!  EIGHT out of the 11 girls there were pregnant! Please notice the number of girl babies!
In order of due date and gender.
Nov (girl), Dec (girl), Jan (girl), Jan (girl), Feb (girl), March (girl), March (KNOX), April (unknown)
All the girls.
The whole group.



Here's a random photo from yesterday. A co-worker always tries to snap a picture of my baby bump when we work together.


One of my good friends and college roommate, Katie, sent me Knox some more goodies! I can't wait to see Knox in his Auburn outfit next season! This will be perfect next year.
War Eagle Knox!
And last but not least, I swore I would never post any bare belly pictures or videos, but I can't resist this video. This is likely to be the only time I will ever do it so enjoy! Knox was very active last night and I was able to catch it on video for the first time. I love when he moves! :) Energetic like his daddy! 

Knox20wks.wlmp from Adrianne Harris on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment