ADRIANNE & ADAM HARRIS


Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weeks 16 and 17

Week 16 was definitely full of excitement as mentioned HERE. We found out our "it" was a boy and that everything appears to be going perfect. At our last OB appointment, the doctor said everything looked wonderful! MY CUP RUNNETH OVER! How great it felt to hear those words! Our next appointment is scheduled for October 22nd. Its what they call the big ultrasound or anatomy ultrasound appointment. She said they will measure all of his organs, brain, etc! Please pray for everything to be developing as it should!

For those that were wondering, as promised I asked about the heart rate. It was in the 120s at 7 weeks and was 139 at 16 weeks.  The doctor said the heart rate is only accurate for predicting gender 50% of the time. :) I thought that was funny!

Anyway, I am 17 weeks today.
Lately....
  • I have been feeling soooooo much better! I hardly have any bloating, but still have the reflux which I'm certain is destined to get worse.
  • I have gained somewhere between 5-10 lbs. Although, my pants are telling a different story. I'll ask the doctor exactly how much at the next visit.
  • My cravings have changed.....from sweets to pickles and peanuts! Strange!
  • Not only have my cravings changed, my appetite is out of control! He must be a hungry boy already. It started about 4 days ago. I've read its normal at this stage, but for the sake of everyone lets hope it slows down soon!
  • I still haven't felt him move for sure. Last night, I felt something? It only happened once. It felt like someone tapping or shaking their index, middle, and ring fingers on my belly. I'm hoping he will become more active soon!
Here are some belly pics. I know I look bigger at 16 weeks than 17 weeks, but it depends on what time of day and how much I've eaten when I take the pictures. I promise these are the correct order of pictures though. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read about your pregnancy! My only craving during mine was chicken noodle soup. I went through a phase where it was ALL I wanted to eat.

    ReplyDelete