As I said in my previous post, I am very disappointed I didn't keep up with the weekly pregnancy updates because I really wanted to remember every detail of my first pregnancy. But like always, time got away from me and here we are in the homestretch at 36 weeks. Since my last post, we have had many more doctor appointments, a 4D ultrasound, baby showers, painting and preparation, and maternity pictures made. I wanted to post about all of that here, but decided it's way to much for one post. You can read about my pregnancy and doctor appointments now and here are the links to the other separate posts: 4D Ultrasound, Baby Showers, Preparing for Knox, Maternity Pics.
I'm going to try to summarize the last 16 weeks the best I can with few words and lots of pics.
Let's get started...
In my last post, I was 19 weeks and we had just confirmed Knox was indeed a boy. The second trimester and most of the third flew by obviously and I did very little complaining until about 2 weeks ago. Other than my rapid weight gain and bottomless pit of an appetite, I told Adam I really didn't feel pregnant. I gained most of my weight during the second trimester. I think I even gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks at one point, but the doctor never said anything about it despite me being constantly worried for exceeding the "1 pound per week" rule. I also had the sugar test which I barely passed and we had a 4D ultrasound at 29 weeks. For the most part, all of my appointments have been really quick and easy since I have been so lucky to have what I would consider a very easy pregnancy.
To catch you up with my pregnancy recently....
- I started weekly appointments this week. She offered to check me when I asked if she thought Knox was head down. She said she can usually tell but suspected he probably hadn't dropped enough yet. Then, she proceeded to tell me that it might also cause me bleed and feel "crampy." So, I sadly declined even though I really really really wanted to know if anything was progressing down there. I had to work long hours the days after my appointment and really didn't want anything else to make me more miserable than I already am at work due to swelling and the sheer awkwardness of my belly. It seems every thing I need is on the floor these days. :)
- I officially started swelling 2 weeks ago. It has been mild until this week. My feet started swelling first, but this week it has progressed to my hands too. I think the swelling was worse this week because I worked long hours for consecutive days where I normally have a day off in between. I tend to swell over night. My hands have been so swollen in the mornings that it makes the joints in my fingers hurt and I can't get my wedding rings on. Usually by mid-morning though the swelling is better and I can get them on. However, at the rate of swelling I'm at with 3 weeks to go, I'm thinking I made have to invest in some temporary wedding rings. :( To help with the swelling in my feet, I have practically been living in compression socks wearing them to work and at night and let me tell you, those things work! My feet can be so swollen at night and by morning the swelling is almost gone. It's a miracle I tell you!
- So far I have gained about 35 pounds. I suspect I will end up around 40 pounds total at the end maybe more depending on the swelling.
- Speaking of weight, I have had a lot of people ask me how much Knox was going to weigh at birth. At one of my last appointments, I asked if there was any way to tell and she said by simply looking at by belly that he would probably weigh in the 7s, UPPER 7s. I'm guessing low 8, but what do I know? I guess we will find out this week at our 37 week appointment when they do the last ultrasound.
- Knox continues to be extremely active! Especially at night. Late at night. Like 11pm. I hope this is not an indication of what his sleep-wake cycles will be like when he is here though many people say their babies are like they were in the womb. If that is true, I guess Knox will be active like his daddy.
- As far as sleep goes, I have good and bad nights. My lower back hurts when I move so I wake up pretty much every time I try to roll over. Some nights are worse than other with frequent bathroom trips. But overall, my sleep has been okay. I haven't even had to buy or use a pillow.
To catch you up with pictures....
Sadly, I didn't keep up with the belly pictures like I was at the beginning, but I have a lot of belly pictures in regular clothes. Maybe you can still see the bump growth. :)
![]() |
| Nov 11 (21 wks, 6 days) |
| Nov 19 (23 wks) |
| Nov 24 (23 wks, 5 days) |
![]() |
| Dec 6 (25 wks, 3 days) |
| Dec 15 (26 wks, 5 days) |
| Dec 17 (27 wks) |
| Dec 22 (27 wks, 5 days) |
![]() |
| Dec 23 (27 wks, 6 days) |
| Dec 29 (28 wks, 5 days) |
![]() |
| Jan 13 (30 wks, 5 days) |
| Jan 28 (33 wks) |
![]() |
| Jan 29 (33 wks) |
![]() |
| Jan 29 (33 wks) |
| Feb 4 (34 wks) |
![]() |
| And Today! Feb 23 (36 wks, 5 days) |
And just because. Here are some other fun pictures from along the way...
| A present from Mommy to Knox |
| On sale after Christmas at Cracker Barrel. Yep that baby had to come home with us! |
| I was so proud I put together Knox's swing! |
| And then I had to try it out on Lulu. She even let me turn it on. I think she was just too scared to move in it! |









No comments:
Post a Comment