Since I have failed to blog anything over the past several months, I thought I'd do a quick catch-up. Here's what's been going on lately.
January: NEW JOB
I had planned to have a post dedicated strictly to the new job, but as you can tell, it never happened. It was all such a long story anyway. Here's an attempt to sum it up... Basically, while still working at Wal-Mart in Pell City, I was told my hours were about to be cut back. (At the time, I was not a salaried pharmacist so I was the first to go.) So, as I was preparing by looking for other jobs, I saw that a competitor was hiring 2 pharmacists for a brand new store opening the next month. I applied and actually got it! I couldn't believe it! Answered prayers! Or so I thought. That was until my current employer and I started "negotiating." As it turned out, a pharmacist from the Talladega store was considering transferring to another store at the exact time I was to accept the job with the other company. The decision literally came down to the day. I regretfully had to call the company that so graciously gave me a job and tell them I had decided to stay with my current employer. It was absolutely the hardest thing I've had to do. I actually started crying like a big baby while on the phone with the guy. He was probably thinking it was a good thing to get this fruit cake off his hands. I still believe they are an awesome company and would still consider working for them in the future if they would still consider me. My decision wasn't without lots of Pros/Cons charts, praying, and asking for advice from other pharmacists and my husband. Overall, the decision to transfer to Wal-Mart in Talladega rather than take the other job was a one better for me...closer to home, financially, the flexibility, etc. It was very much an answered prayer even through the confusion of what to do and where to go. Anyway, if you're ever in the area and need a pharmacy, come see me in Talladega!
February/March: APPLIQUE, BARN
I had a good friend Elena introduce me to appliqueing/monogramming. February and March was full of playing around with my new hobby. Unfortunately, I only do it when I have time now. Here's a few things I've done.
Also around March, we finally started building our barn on the land where we will eventually move and build our home. Here's some pictures from that process through May-ish? It has changed even more since then. I will take some more updated pictures. There is actually grass there now.
April: WEDDING
April was a pretty uneventful month. I went home for a wedding for a good friend that I've known forever. We danced, cheered, and went to high school together. Ironically, she married a guy that Adam knew from Clay County years ago. Small small world.
May: ANOTHER WEDDING, TALLADEGA NASCAR
Adam and I attended a wedding in May of another one of my good friends that I met in college while cheering on Tiger Paws. It was beautiful. I got to catch up with some other former Tiger Paw friends!
In May, I also had my first Talladega experience. I've never been in to NASCAR (a still probably won't), however I must say the race was very exciting! I can see how there are avid NASCAR fans out there. The cars were so loud and so fast! You really can't appreciate it from watching on TV!
June: ENGAGEMENT PARTY, BAHAMAS
One of my very best friends from college, sorority sister, and bridesmaid (Rainey) got engaged in December. We went to her engagement party in Auburn. Can't wait for her to tie the knot in November!!!!
As mentioned in several previous posts, we went to the Bahamas for our 2nd anniversary at the end of June. I will save this for a post of its own HERE.
July: EXCITING NEWS
Adam and I discovered some exciting news during the month of July which I will also save for a post of its own HERE!
August: FINALLY FOOTBALL
Somehow we lucked up with some pretty awesome club seats for the first Auburn game. So glad we went because we got to see tons of our college friends. A meeting that was loooooooong overdue. Read about it HERE!
And now we're up to September! I really hope to stay caught up regularly especially now that I have a sweet sweet reason... see July link! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment