You see, we left Montgomery around 11:30 pm CST (translation…12:30 am Eastern) and arrived in Atlanta around 2 am Eastern. We checked in at the hotel, only to turn around and check out it seemed. Our flight was around 7 am and our travel agent gave us strict instructions that we needed to be at the airport at least 2 (or maybe it was 3) hours before our flight because we were flying international. I beg to differ, but we made it and weren't stressed so I can't complain.
Anyways, we did as we were told and eventually got on a plane headed south, but not before stopping for a layover in Miami and boarding another flight to take us to Antigua. We arrived on the beautiful island the afternoon after our wedding and vowed (no pun intended) we would not sleep until it was time to go to bed. Well, I guess you could say we didn’t start out our marriage on the best of terms since we broke a vow within the first 24 hrs. =) The first thing we did was fall right to sleep on our big comfy bed. I have had so many married friends say we would be so tired. I, of course, thought “No way it’s our honeymoon", but they all were right! We were exhausted!
Let me backtrack for a moment...I’m getting ahead of myself. The nap actually occurred after our “orientation” with one of our butlers, Hunter. We had another butler named Lincoln who was my favorite. Because it was our honeymoon (and likely the only trip we will ever take out of the county in our lifetime), we indulged and paid for an ocean view room and the butler service. (Best decision we ever made by the way. I 100% recommend the butler service if you travel to a Sandals Resort.) The butlers had our dinner reservations made each night, escorted us to dinner, prepared special surprises in our room awaiting our return, arranged for us to have afternoon snacks in our room, and those were just some of the things. We had a cell phone where we could reach them at any time and we loved it! Though, we probably could have utilized it a little more than we did.
Back to the nap…after we woke up from our nap, we went to our first dinner and so our honeymoon began. Now, I won’t bore you with any more details or continue to give a play-by-play, but just know that we had the best time and hope to go back next summer. We got to sail around the island on a huge Catamaran, snorkel, make friends with other newlyweds as well as the locals, and enjoyed a Couples Massage. It was one amazing week and we (EVEN ADAM) didn’t want to come home! We plan to go back to Sandals, but would like to visit another island. But until next summer, we will at the top of the mountain at Home Sweet Home if you need us.
As always, a few pictures from Our Honeymoon!


Adrianne, not to be a super creeper but Nathan and I really enjoyed reading your post and looking at your pictures! It took us right back to Antigua as well, which we miss tremendously! It looks like you and Adam are doing well... Can you believe we almost have three months under our belts? :)
ReplyDelete