2 months already...
Knox turned 2 months this week on May 12th. Whew! Time is flying. I love my Knox more and more every day. He can brighten any day with his little smile.
 |
| Look how much he has filled out and his little personality! |
At 2 months, everyone knows what that means... SHOTS! Naturally, I documented the occasion.
 |
| Before. |
 |
| After. |
 |
Before.
LOOK HOW SWEET AND HAPPY HE WAS! |
 |
After.
SO SAD! |
I debated with myself about posting this video. I almost felt like I was exposing child abuse, but sadly this is real life. I wanted to video it so Adam could witness what I Knox had to go through since I took him by myself. It was so sad. The worst part was that he was looking right at me when the nurse stuck him, but luckily he won't remember it and it's for the best. (Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.)
 |
| I don't know why it won't play, but you get the idea. You don't need to hear the crying anyway. |
Overall, he did well with the shots. He didn't get a fever or anything. He was just a little bit whiny for a couple of hours after, but I managed a smile just after the shock and he was fine the next day. I just dread doing it again.
At two months:
- He weighed 11 lbs, 11 oz and was 23 inches in length.
- We have finally agreed he is going to have brown eyes.
- His hair is beginning to fall out. You can really tell in the above 1 month/2 month picture. I think it's starting to grow back blonde, not that I am surprised one bit.
- He loves a bath. Not too long ago, he actually slept through me bathing him.
- He is still breastfeeding. And because of that, I'm not sure how much he eats, but I suspect he eats at least 4 oz at each feeding if not a little more.
- He is in between size 1 and size 2 diapers. The size ones aren't really too small, but he has leaked in them several times and I've even tried different brands. I'm finishing up the ones we have opened then moving on to size twos.
- About 2 weeks ago, he started sleeping through the night! Praise God. I know it may be short-lived and I don't know how or why he is doing it, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
- When he started sleeping through the night, he got himself on a schedule. He wakes up anywhere from 5:30-6:30 am, eats just a little, then goes back to sleep until 9-10 am. Once he wakes up then, he's pretty much up (on and off) throughout the day and eats every 2-3 hours. He was eating at longer stretches of time prior to sleeping through the night, but I guess because he is sleeping longer at night he is eating more frequently during the day to make up for it. This week, I have been trying to make him wait at least 3 hours in between feedings. I'm trying to get him adjusted before I go to work and he goes to daycare.
- On the subject of sleep, I don't know if I've mentioned this before but Knox sleeps in our room in a travel crib next to the bed. Sometimes he ends up in bed with us like last night. This may be a pathetic reason, but it was cold last night and our upstairs doesn't warm very well so it gets cold in the bedrooms. Because he likes to sleep all sprawled out, his hands and almost always his toes find their way out from under his blankets and they get like icicles if it's even a little bit cold. Bless his heart. So yeah, sometimes I give in and let him in with us to snuggle.
- He's becoming more demanding which is precisely why the blog is getting neglected. That and I don't want to take time away from him to stare at the computer and wait precious minutes uploading pictures with our SLOWWWW internet. Back to what I was saying, he wants more attention and wants to be entertained. I can't blame him. If all I could do is just lay on my back, I'd want some attention too.
- Over the last few weeks, he has really began to get a personality. He is happiest in the mornings when he smiles and coos. And he loves his momma! :) I can pretty much always get him to smile at me, but he is starting to smile at others especially females.
- He is such a good eater, sleeper, and pooper. Even though Adam or I hold him until he falls asleep at night, I can also lay him down when he's drowsy with a paci and he will drift off to sleep.
- Speaking of paci, he doesn't care for them, but will take one when it's getting close to feeding time or at night.
- He is really starting to hold his head up good and for long periods of time. He has always tried to hold his head up. At just 10 days old, during his newborn pictures he kept holding his head up when we were trying to get the outside picture. He's a strong boy!
- He is starting to like toys. He will stare at them and really likes his rattle.
- He also likes a car ride. It puts him to sleep pretty quick. However, he can only take the car seat so long. After several hours in it, he begins to fuss which I completely understand!
- He is the best little snuggler. I'm going to miss these days at home when I just sit and hold him. I know it's a bad bad thing, but I also know this is only for a short time and before long I won't be cool enough to even hug him.
As for me at 2 months:
I'm still hanging on to these 15 lbs. I spend a lot of time doing this....
And I'm dreading going back to work. I shouldn't say that. I'm actually ready to go back, but I dread leaving my baby. Which brings me to daycare. He will be going to a highly recommended home day care. The owner goes by Mrs. Elizabeth or Liz. Several of our friends' kids go there so we feel he will be in good hands. But, no one can love him like his Momma!
And just because, some pics over the last few weeks.
 |
| Ahhh. Melt my heart! |
 |
| Yep! Heart is melted! |
 |
| First date with the babe! Olive Garden of course. |
 |
| The things you do for your child. I'm slowly learning that is almost anything. In this case, trying to keep him entertained at the barn. |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Daddy loves him some Knox. |
 |
| Doll baby! |
 |
| One way I get things done these days... at least while I'm in the kitchen. |
 |
| And one of the other ways I get things done. I've created a monster, but I'm kinda okay with that. ;) |
 |
| This is just about all I do everyday. How could you not want to? |
 |
| Happy boy! |
 |
| Disregard all the stuff in his bed... I love how he sleeps sprawled out. We quit swaddling like a week after we brought him home. He's always liked his arms up and out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment