Welcome to the world John Harrison Gruber! Harrison was born September 25th, 2012 and is the first born of one of my best friends, Jeni.
Jeni and I have known each other since
Which is why when I found out she
was pregnant, I was so excited!!!
was pregnant, I was so excited!!!
Jeni got married last New Years Eve (2011) to Nick who is originally from Nebraska. She met him in Alabama while he was here in flight school. A few months before they got married, they moved to Nebraska. Needless to say, this was just plain sad! But, she promised me it was temporary. Right after they got married, they found out they were pregnant (and yeah, if you did the math on that...Harrison is a wedding night baby) and Nick got deployed to Afghanistan. Jeni is probably one of the strongest people I know. She went through her pregnancy practically alone in a new city miles away from home. And now she is a "single mother" with her first child while Nick is away. She truly amazes me! Fortunately, Nick got to come home for 10 days for Harrison's birth which was a blessing! When I found out Nick was not going to be here very long and was leaving soon after Harrison's arrival, I knew I had to make the trip up there to meet my sweet little "nephew" and lend a helping hand for my BFF.
At the end of October, just as Harrison turned 1 month old, I flew up to Nebraska to finally meet him! Jeni and I got to catch up and she filled me in on the pregnancy, the birth, and life with a newborn. He was such a good baby. I know everyone says that, but he was! He was so content! But, I have say it was probably because he has such a good Mommy! We had a fun 4 days and I didn't want to leave them. Luckily, I get to see them again in just a few weeks while they are here in Alabama for Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment