ADRIANNE & ADAM HARRIS


Thursday, June 12, 2014

3 Months Old

Another month has rolled on. Knox is 3 months today. A lot has happened like I went back to work yesterday and Knox went to daycare! More on that later...
At 3 months:
  • He weighs... about 12-13 lbs? I tried to do the thing where you stand on the scale holding him then subtract your weight not holding him, but we don't have a digital scale so that made it pretty difficult!
  • Which brings me to the fact that we had to take his infant insert out of this car seat which made me so sad!
  • Yep! BROWN eyes. I think I mentioned this last time.
  • His hair is still slowly falling out. I can see it in his car seat and bassinet.
  • Still in size 1 diapers. I thought he would for sure be in size 2s by now, but no. I went back and forth a few times, but the 1s are still the best for him right now.
  • Still breastfeeding of course. We now know he eats about 4 oz every 2.5-3 hours. Yep. That frequently, but that's because...
  • He is still sleeping through the night most nights. He pretty much conks out at 8-9 pm and doesn't wake up until anywhere between 5 and 7 am.
  • Still loves bath time.
  • Still sleeping in our room in the travel crib, but Momma still sneaks him in bed sometimes just because.
  • He has started drooling and sucking/chewing on his hands.
  • We are pretty much done with the paci. He probably wouldn't care if he never had it ever again. Momma still tries it from time to time to help him nap. It works about 50% of the time.
  • He has a developing personality every day and is still happiest in the morning and cranky later at night.
  • He hates tummy time. I'm trying to do it more often with him so he can build those muscles to roll over and crawl, but he hates it so much that I feel bad for putting him on his stomach. When he is on his back, he arches it and pushes back with his legs. I suspect he will roll back to tummy first.
  • And because of that, he is a back sleeper. Oh but if he could just experience some stomach sleep one time... I missed that so much during pregnancy!
  • Wears 3-6 month clothes.
  • He's like an old man. Y'all, he poots when he stretches after he wakes up or when he coughs or sneezes. I'm sorry, but its so funny! Sometimes I have to ask Adam which of them did it.
As for me, I still haven't lost any weight although I have been running which brings me to the topic of breastfeeding. I love breastfeeding, but it can really be hard at times! It has it's advantages and disadvantages like everything. I aim to breastfeed for a year, but we will see how it goes. It seems I am sensitive to everything possible that could affect breast milk production. My milk supply will plummet in a day if I skip a meal, don't drink enough, exercise, or go too long without nursing or pumping. On the other hand, I have been experimenting with different foods and herbs to boost milk production and I can tell you they actually work. When I started exercising running, I thought my milk had dried up so I called lactation and they even suggested some of the herbs as well. I've tried eating oatmeal, drinking Gatorade, lactation cookies and smoothies made with milled Flax seed, Brewer's yeast, and rolled oats which actually taste amazing believe it or not. I've taken Milk thistle and bought some Fenugreek but haven't tried it yet. All of it works and works within 24 hours. It's kind of strange. I'm learning so much about the do's and don'ts of breastfeeding thanks to several friends that have helped me along the way. I've been able to pump extra and freeze it to use later and call me a nerd or crazy, but I'm proud of my storage. We had to get a small deep freezer because breast milk was taking over our frig freezer. 
Enough about breastfeeding...

I went back to work yesterday which means Knox had to go to daycare at Mrs. Elizabeth's. We did a trial run at the daycare on Monday while I went to Auburn to have my hair cut.  I cried before I even took him, but didn't after I left him although it felt strange driving off leaving him there. Yesterday was a different story. I cried before and after. He did fine though and work wasn't so bad. She said he doesn't sleep during the day, but I already knew that. He sleeps all night and pretty much stays awake during the day. I'm sure he makes her job harder since he won't nap and wants to be held or entertained.
 
Knox with Liz
First day of day care. The trial run.
I wouldn't expect the weather to look any different the first day I have to go back to work and drop off a baby at daycare.
Pictures after I got home at 9:40pm from my first day back at work. Yes he was asleep. Yes I woke him up!
And some pictures from over the last month...



Pookie hates for Daddy to give Knox an attention.
AHHH. That sweet smile!
Trying out the Bumbo. Not quit ready for it.
Family selfie

Knox finally got to meet Miss Elynn


Again, the jealousy!
After church in my new outfit from Momma's pharmacist friend Stephanie



Adam would kill me, but I love this!
Snapped this one during church :)
Just helping Mom with a little laundry. Makes chores not so bad!

1 comment:

  1. So many funny pictures! But the one of them sleeping! There is no tired like new baby tired!

    ReplyDelete